We’re done with pivot tables, and we think you should be, too.
Scoffing at the time-honored pivot table may seem heretical. After all, pivot tables have been around for more than 30 years and have helped countless employees summarize scads of data across organizations of all sizes. Your search engine results for “pivot tables” will return no shortage of tutorials and information singing their praises.
But that doesn’t mean we have to like them anymore.
It’s time for a more useful way to analyze your data.
If you’ve never used a pivot table before, it’s a way to aggregate large amounts of data. Pivot tables are often found in spreadsheets, such as Excel or Google Sheets, and other business intelligence software.
Advocates of the pivot table generally point to these pros that allow you to:
- Sort data more easily. You can generally rearrange your pivot table by dragging and dropping.
- Compare information more quickly. Since you’ve aggregated data, you can make quick comparisons.
- Better analyze data. Your large data sets can be manipulated quickly to generate better insights.
However, pivot tables have a number of cons:
- Pivot tables are somewhat cumbersome. Pivot tables are often lauded for their speed, but once you include data sets that are too large, the speed with which you can manipulate data and visualize your pivot table decreases.
- Pivot tables are tedious. You have to make sure your data is uniform.
- Pivot tables make visualization difficult. There are only so many ways you can spice up a table.
- Pivot tables don’t automatically update. This manual intervention can cause major quality errors.
In short, we believe pivot tables are annoying.
That’s where TADA comes in.
TADA helps to improve your data analytics job by helping you work smarter, not harder. Our business intelligence software targets problems with data quality, consistency, and availability that normally plague a company’s analytics initiative. We do this by creating a digital duplicate of your company. As a result of the digital duplicate, your organization’s data is now cleaned and organized, as well as automatically updated. That’s how TADA outworks the speed of competitors by up to 10 times.
Plus, TADA will help you visualize your data in more appealing formats than a spreadsheet or a table. Our visualizations were developed to help your business succeed.
If, like us, you’re interested in ditching pivot tables, please contact us today.